Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Grandmother's Eclectic Taste in Fine Art

My grandmother, before she died, asked me to put together a photo montage for her of every boyfriend I'd ever had.  I thought it a strange request, but didn't know how much longer I would have my beloved grandmother, so thought I'd humor her and even thought it was a daunting task, decided to complete it nonetheless.

She had a photo of Jesus hanging above her bed.  He was blonde haired and blue eyed.  She told me to specifically use this frame and place the photos of my exes over Jesus.  Her justification was and I quote, "Jesus didn't really look like that (blonde haired and blue eyed) that's just the way Americans wanted him to look."

So I did as I was bid and completed the project, which hung in her bedroom for probably two years before she went on to find out what He really does look like. 

1 comment: